Project Supervisor of the Design Process (PSDP)
The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 defines 'client' as a person for whom a project is carried out. The regulations place certain duties on Clients. These duties are intended to ensure that the project is designed and constructed by competent persons.
- Employ competent designers and contractors to carry out the work
- Appointment in writing, before design work starts, of a competent and adequately resourced project supervisor for the design process (PSDP), as required.
- Appointment in writing, before construction work starts, of a competent and adequately resourced project supervisor for the construction process (PSCS), as required.
- Co-operate with the project supervisor and supply necessary information;
- Keep and make available the safety file (provided by the PSDP) for the completed structure. The safety file contains information on the completed structure that will be required for future maintenance or renovation .
- Provide a copy of the safety and health plan prepared by the PSDP to every person tendering for the project. In the case of projects on a domestic dwelling it is sufficient for the Client to provide the plan to the PSCS when they have been appointed.
- Notify the Authority where construction is likely to take more than 500 persons days or 30 working days.
Call or email us today to find out how we can fulfill your PSDP needs.